About a week ago, I was up searching the web doing research for my hair (hair update coming soon) when I stumbled on this blog, Think & Grow Chick. Her post on natural hair are very helpful so I hung around and read some of her other posts when I found this. This article inspired me to make my ‘infinite to do list’. But mine is only for the summer. A lot of the things on her list are on mine as well ( so you guys don’t think I jacked her list) Outlining my goals publicly I feel will help me actually get them done.
Summa 2011: Make Money & Make Moves
- Get healthy hair. Healthy hair = growing hair. I know that if I can get my hair in a healthy state, it will definitely grow. I will expand more on my hair update next week.
- Save at least $1,000. My bank account really suffered this school year. As I’m starting college in the fall, I don’t want to be one of those ‘broke college kids’. I want to be able to go out and have fun worry free. I know my parents will give me pocket money but it’s nice to have some money of my own too.
- Improve wardrobe. Sadly I think I’m one of those people who have fashion but not style (as in I have clothes but don’t really know how to piece ’em together and make em look like a million bucks). So this summer I want to step out of my box and try something different, wear things I usually don’t wear. Follow the advice of my ace boon con: “Wear whatever the f*** you want, people will hate and later copy.”
- Improve my blogging/ Get more subscribers. I’ve authored this blog for almost two years now and I still don’t really see any faithful reader (other than my brothers) One day I get 1oo hits and the next I only get 5. I want to have at least 100 daily readers and 50 subscribers by September.
- Develop Photography I’m really interested in photography and graphic design. I have a Sony α550 but I haven’t really put it to work. My plan is to get it cleaned, get some filters and read some photography books/blogs. Most importantly, I’m going to take my camera with me everywhere I go. This way I will be able to snap candid shots and practice makes perfect!
- ‘Read my Bible, pray every day .‘ I just really need to be consistent. one week I’ll read every day then the next two days it’ll collect dust then I’ll read for two weeks straight and so on. I noticed that when I take notes (like I’m in school) I understand more and not just read/ skim the surface. I’ll keep a journal of what I read each day as proof and I can go back to my notes for encouragement.
- Get physically fit. I say this each spring/ summer and I was on a good track until spring break. This time I really have to do it cause Mason is a big school and I know I’ll be doing a lot of walking from one side of campus to the other and can not afford being out of breath walking into class.
- Read a book a month. I was an avid reader until high school hit when all I had time for was homework. So for the 4 summer months, I will read a book and do a review!
I’ll be doing updates as needed on each goal and hopefully I will not only be helping myself but be a resource to you all. Hopefully, this motivates someone else to make their own infinite to-do list. Feel free to share your summer plans and what motivates you to cross off items on your list.